Saturday, February 14, 2015

Oh, Baby, Baby!


Well it's official! We are pregnant! Baby Lee is set to Arrive on August 16, 2015.. but if you ask my opinion - I think he/she is going to come in early August. I know the U.S. technicians are the experts but I am pretty positive I am a bit farther along than they think.. or maybe that's just my growing belly talking! ;)


We are so excited and blessed.

Before this pregnancy we got pregnant in September, and lost the baby in late October. Baby stopped growing at 5 weeks and I started bleeding around 8. It was a roller coaster of emotions and something that I don't wish upon anyone - although I know I am not alone at all. We didn't tell many people, but the people that we did tell had story after story (most of them personal stories) of similar experiences. It really was comforting... and the small group of people that knew were so comforting and sweet. 

Anyway - fast forward to December - and I was concerned that my period hadn't shown up yet.. and then I started feeling a little sick.. and I just had a feeling - so I took a test.. and Voila! Honestly - it was exactly what I had hoped for but I didn't want to get my hopes too high because I didn't want to be disappointed. 

We had an appointment the day after Christmas to confirm that I was indeed pregnant and to "date" the pregnancy. Babe had a strong heartbeat and was measuring 6 weeks 5 days at that time.

We had another appointment at 11 weeks and 5 days.. and we got another Ultrasound where we could see baby and his/her tiny legs kicking. The doctors have been so sweet. They know I've been through a miscarriage so when they couldn't find the heartbeat right away, they immediately went for the U.S. which was a relief.

I am hopeful. I am praying every day.. and I do think this little baby is the rainbow at the end of a storm. We are so thankful. Here is how we announced to our family and friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips