Wednesday, May 8, 2013

12 Month Baby - One Year Old Toddler

I still can't believe I have a one year old! A friend of mine told me that between 1-2 years of age.. crazy things happen in the life of a baby and I should jot things down as much as I can.

Well.. this post is the opposite of a quick jot and more like a crazy way too long documentation.

 I just. can't. help. it. 

{And FYI.. I'm still refusing to say Toddler..}

{Weight} 20 pounds

{Teeth} 6 - but more are definitely on their way!

{Food}
  • Milk - I Breastfed Em up until around 11 1/2 Months and then started to wean. (another post on this for sure..) She's been doing a mixture of formula/whole organic milk since. She drinks out of Sippy Cups and Bottles. She still has a bottle in the morning and at night. Sippy Cups in between. She isn't a huge fan of Cow's Milk. I'm not sure if it's the taste or the temperature.. but she does like saying MOO when she sees a cow, so I'm sure she'll warm up to milk soon enough. :) 
  • Food - So far - Em isn't really that picky. She loves treating Avocado like play-doh, spitting green beans out while waving her arms in the air like a crazy lady, and dropping things on the floor over and over and over again. She also loves being a detective and finding ALL of the cheerios that she's lost in her high chair and eat them. Saving them for later I guess.
  • All in All, Em is pretty easy going. Ha. We're feeding her basically everything that we eat. 
{Play}
  • Em LOVES hugging every stuffed animal she can get her hands on. Like squeezing it so hard she almost knocks herself over.
  • We love playing hide and go seek. She mainly does the seeking and it cracks me up because she's so proud of herself when she finds me. She loves getting chased by her Daddy. When I say "I'm going to get you!" she chases me instead. It's amazing. heart melting. perfect. 
  • She loves being outside.. she gets cranky when the screen door isn't open and bangs on the window like we're holding her in baby jail. She loves playing in the dirt from our planters and the water table.
  • She absolutely loves books. 
{Words}

  • Em is a pretty vocal baby. She's always babbling about something. :) She's doing pretty well with words and lately Dan and I look at each other and say, "Did she really just say that?" then we cheer for her like she just won the Olympics. 
  • Words - Hi, Mama, Dada, Ball, Dog, Ozzy, Boo (In Peek-A-Boo), Night Night, Baby
    • Hi, Mama, and Dada are just perfect.. but seriously - I would love to translate the rest for you. Bah, Daw, O-yee, Ba, Nigh Nigh, dayday. 
{Skills}

  • Em took her first steps around 11 months. She's walking more and more each day, but if she's really trying to get somewhere (Like to the stairs when I leave the baby gate open) she speed crawls. 
  • Clapping, Peek-A-Boo, Chasing Ozzy, Putting Cheerios on her head, opening cabinets that have baby locks on them, unrolling a whole roll of toilet paper in approximately 30 seconds, making everyone in the grocery store say Hi to her because she'll say it over and over again until they break...Hm. I could probably go on forever. Ha! 
{Moments}
  • I had my sweatshirt hood up and I was holding Em. Out of nowhere she grabbed my sweatshirt hood and pulled me in for the biggest baby kiss I've ever had. It was the cutest thing ever. Ahh. That little baby. not toddler

Well.. this post has been entirely too long. Sorry not sorry. Well actually. I am kind of sorry. I also fully admit that I'm probably forgetting 20 things. Oh well! Happy Wednesday! xoxo.
My favorite look lately. She is such a little mess. :) 
New Toy. She loves it. 



4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, I love all of this! And FYI, I would have kept reading all of those sweet details foreverrrrr! I can't believe Sadie is going to be 1 next month!!! It's crazy how different they are....she only weights about 17 pounds and is almost 2" taller and she just got her FIRST tooth yesterday!! She's started talking too and it's just the cutest thing ever. My husband and I give each other those "Holy crap! Did you just hear that?!" looks too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this! I think Em & Jaren were switched at birth, they are so much alike! What a sweet lil lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just so sweet! They grow up so fast and I refuse to call my daughter a "toddler" also, she is still a "baby" for me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love this! It would be fine with me if the 't' word never entered our vocabulary. Thank God I have awhile longer before anyone tries to use it!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips