Sunday, May 12, 2013

Being a Mama is Sweet.

Hey Everyone!

What a wonderful weekend it's been. I can't tell you how many times I've caught myself this weekend just being in complete awe of my crazy little daughter. She is learning so much! She doesn't prefer the speed crawl anymore and is walking all over the place! Sometimes.. she doesn't even want to hold my hand when we're walking! Tear. Not really - I'm so proud of her! She is so proud of herself too which absolutely cracks us up. :)

Her new favorite trick is putting everything through the kitty door that leads into the garage. Earlier today we found the remote, my sunglasses, and her favorite stuffed animal. Things are getting crazy around here. :)

We went to the beach on Saturday and met friends - and let me tell you - I thought it was going to be a di.sa.ster. I was preparing myself for a 10 minute trip. I was so wrong! It went great. Em only attempted to eat sand.. 3 times. :) But seriously - she really wasn't all that interested after she tried it once. She didn't mind getting sand all over her.. and she had a lot of fun destroying little sand castles we made for her.
 She wasn't a huge fan of the water hitting her little toes.. but let's be honest.. the water was a little chilly and Mama wasn't either! :)

Instagram Pictures...of course - { brittmarie14 }

This morning Hubby and Em let me sleep in.. and it was ahhh mazing. A perfect start to Mother's Day. Then we went out to breakfast {my favorite.} and went to Magnolia Plantation in S.C. It's one of our favorite places to go when we have the chance on the weekends. partly because teachers get in free.

Em absolutely loved looking at all of the animals in the petting zoo and called every single one of them that had 4 legs... a Dog. :)

Since we've been home - we've just been enjoying each other which sometimes we forget to do on the weekends with all of the things we are trying to cross off our to-do lists.

We've made a pact to do it more often. Messy houses? Dishes in the sink? All might stress me out tomorrow morning when we're running around like crazy getting ready for school - but for today - it's just fine. :) xo.


She has insisted on taking those two stuffed dogs everywhere today. :) 


xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips